The Guiding Healthy Behaviors (GHBEC) team uses research-based tools to assess where you are today and help you develop a plan to move forward. The team provides on-site consultation, coaching and training to help you reach your goals, and also administers the Shape NC program and The Farm to Child Care Program.
Check out the Guiding Healthy Behaviors brochure for more about how we can help.
Benefits of Connecting Children with Nature InfoSheet Check out our Shape NC partner, NLI’s InfoSheet on the many benefits to the Outdoor Learning Environment.
Literacy and Music ideas from another Shape NC partner, Be Active Kids.
GO NAP SACC Self-Assessments & On-line Tools & Resources for Early Childhood programs that focus on 5 areas related to health & wellness.
2017-2018 GHBEC Workshops
- GHBEC Director’s Collaborative-Join us on 3 separate occasions as we focus on creating a culture of health and wellness in the Early Childhood setting. This group is geared toward Early Childhood Administrators & Assistants. Directors Collaborative Series flyer 2017. Register here.
- November 17, 2017, from 9:30-11:00 am. Focus area: Outdoor Learning Environments & working with the Seasons.
- February 16, 2018, from 9:30-11:00 am. Focus area: Nutrition & Farm to Childcare.
- May 18, 2018, from 9:30-11:00 am. Focus area: Wellness & Physical activity.
- Rooted in Wellness: Gardening with Young Children Workshop Series (3) Join us as we establish the foundations of beginning, establishing and sustaining a fun, practical outdoor learning environment for young children. We will focus on how gardening naturally increases physical activity and introduce fun yoga techniques that are sure to be a hit with little ones. Please note that the dates have changed from January to February 2018* Session is now FULL. Rooted in Wellness Series flyer 2018.
- February 13, 2018, from 6:30-8:30 pm
- February 20, 2018, from 6:30-8:30 pm
- February 27, 2018, from 6:30-8:30 pm
- The Guilford Early Learning Collaborative “Happy Faces *Supportive Spaces * Engaging Places” Conference-Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 8:30 am-3:45 pm. Register here
Contact Trish Nelson.
Interested in requesting services? Please fill out the form below.