We are now accepting applications for NC Pre-K for the 2018-2019 school year!
The NC Pre-K program is offered at participating Guilford County Schools, Head Start programs and licensed five-star private providers. There are 2,000 NC Pre-K spots open in Guilford County each year with priority given to children who have not had prior preschool experience. NC Pre-K services are offered at no charge to eligible children.
Who is eligible?
Eligible children must be four-years-old by August 31, 2018.
One of the following must also be true:
- The child’s family meets the income eligibility (PDF) OR
- The child has limited English proficiency, an identified disability, a chronic health condition or a developmental or educational need OR
- The child has a parent who is active duty military
Take these steps to apply:
- Download the application. Click here for the English Application Packet (PDF) or the Paquete de aplicación española.
- Complete the application. You will choose four NC Pre-K sites where you would like your child to attend. Use the school locator tool or this map to find locations that work best for your family.
- Complete the application and submit it at one of our county-wide events or at our office. We’re here to help!
- Attend an upcoming event [see this event list for event dates; more are being added weekly] for help in completing your child’s application and to get questions answered. Bring your paperwork!
- Staff will accept NC Pre-K applications at our office on Tuesdays from 3 pm to 6pm. (Our office is located at 500 W. Friendly Ave, Suite 100 in Greensboro.)
- It is strongly encouraged to attend an event to turn in the application.
*Current Year* (2017-2018) NC Pre-K Application (PDF) for children who were four-years-old as of August 31, 2017.