We are now accepting applications for NC Pre-K for the 2017-2018 school year!
The NC Pre-K program is offered at participating Guilford County Schools, Head Start programs and licensed five-star private providers. There are 2,000 NC Pre-K spots open in Guilford County each year with priority given to children who have not had prior preschool experience. NC Pre-K services are offered at no charge to eligible children.
Who is eligible?
Eligible children must be four-years-old by August 31, 2017.
One of the following must also be true:
- The child’s family meets the income eligibility (PDF) OR
- The child has limited English proficiency, an identified disability, a chronic health condition or a developmental or educational need OR
- The child has a parent who is active duty military
Take these steps to apply:
- Read the cover sheet to see which documents you will need to submit with your child’s application.
- Download the application. Click here for the English Application Packet (PDF) or the Paquete de aplicación española.
- Complete the application. You will choose four NC Pre-K sites where you would like your child to attend. Use the school locator tool or this map to find locations that work best for your family.
- Complete the application and submit it at one of our county-wide events or at our office. We’re here to help!
- Attend an upcoming event [see this event list for event dates; more are being added weekly] for help in completing your child’s application and to get questions answered. Bring your paperwork!
- Staff will accept NC Pre-K applications at our office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 pm to 5pm. (Our office is located at 500 W. Friendly Ave, Suite 100 in Greensboro.)
- You do NOT have to attend an event to turn in an application. You can come to our office during our office hours or you may mail it in to the address above.
*Current Year* (2016-2017) NC Pre-K Application (PDF) for children who were four-years-old as of August 31, 2016.