REQUEST FOR APPLICATION
The mission of the Partnership for Children is to invest in early childhood development by:
- Supporting families and programs to foster healthy environments for young children to grow and learn.
- Educating families and the community about the role we all play in positively shaping children’s early brain development.
- Connecting families, childcare providers and local agencies to resources and information.
- Advocating quality early childhood education for all children.
The Receptionist provides the first impression of the Partnership over the telephone and in-person, serving our clients, partners and guests.
Administrative Support for the Partnership:
- Handle in-coming calls and mail and serve as a communication link to other staff, Direct Service Providers and the general public.
- Manage the Partnership’s internal calendar and room reservation calendar.
- Assist with meeting logistics and with updating our website and social media with articles, news, information and calendar events.
- Coordinate special events, programs, and meetings, to include: ordering food, establishing venues, preparing materials, maintaining guest lists, RSVPs, and other logistics as needed.
- Assist families in accessing services.
- Assist families by having them sign in to see a NC Pre-K specialist when submitting applications or documentation
- Create mailing lists for related NC Pre-K sites, etc.
- Assure that all time sheets are submitted in a timely manner
- Assist NC Pre-K Director in ordering food, establishing venues, and RSVPs as needed
- Assist NC Pre-K Director in mailings, shipping and deliveries as needed.
- Order NC Pre-K office supplies as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and NC Pre-K Director as needed and requested.
- Associate’s Degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, and/or office management experience.
- Strong computer skills to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to include correct spelling, syntax and grammar.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an orientation toward teamwork and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board, Staff our community partners and our diverse client community.
- Works independently and exercises good judgment while under pressure, is flexible as work demands change. Displays an appropriate sense of urgency and responsiveness to clients.
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes workflow from various sources. Highly proactive, takes initiative and has strong follow-up and multi-tasking skills.
- Completes assigned work excellently and on-time.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Represents one’s self and our organization professionally and courteously even in unexpected or difficult situations.
Additional education/experience/skills/training preferred:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Website/social media skills
- Non-profit experience.
The deadline for application submissions is Friday, February 23, 2018. Resumes may be submitted to Carol Matznick at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please give us a phone call at: 336.274.5437.
Revised 2/5/2018 CM