- Through Parents as Teachers Guilford County, families connect with Parent Educators who encourage positive parenting practices. This activity gives free access to in-home visits, support groups and access to a referral network. Learn more.
- Learning Together Family Literacy Program, offered by Guilford Child Development, provides literacy experiences for young children from immigrant or minority families. This activity, offered at no charge, helps parents strengthen their own literacy skills and engage in early-literacy activities with their children. Learn more.
- The Family Literacy/Language Development activity, offered through Reading Connections, helps families with young children who are at risk for low literacy skills. Parents and children read and have fun together, and are able to take a book home each week and keep it to build a home library. Learn more.
- Reach Out and Read is a nationally recognized activity in which pediatricians encourage and model reading with young children. Young children receive a book to take home with them, too. Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine (TAPM) administers this program.
- Healthy Start, offered by Family Service of the Piedmont, provides in-home visits to families with children who are at risk for abuse or neglect. Case workers provide parent education and connect families with community resources to help children stay healthy and safe. Learn more.
Help provide services that will strengthen a local family by making a donation.