We are still accepting applications for NC Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year!
Exciting news for 2020-2021 NC Pre-K families! You can now apply online for NC Pre-K. We are so excited to have the option for families to complete an online application. You may still complete the paper application but due to COVID-19, this will allow families to apply for NC Pre-K and not have to mail in or drop off an application. Just click the button below and you are on your way! You will need a gmail account to complete this application online. If you don’t have a gmail account, you may create one or complete a paper application. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NC Pre-K program is offered at participating Guilford County Schools, Head Start programs and licensed four and five-star private providers. There are 2,196 NC Pre-K slots open in Guilford County for the 2019-2020 school year. Priority is given to children who have not had prior preschool experience. NC Pre-K services are offered at no charge to eligible children.
Who is eligible?
Eligible children must be four-years-old on or before August 31, 2020.
One of the following must also be true:
- The child’s family meets the income eligibility (PDF) OR
- The child has limited English proficiency, an identified disability, a chronic health condition or a developmental or educational need OR
- The child has a parent who is active duty military
Take these steps to apply:
- Download the application. Click here for the Application Packet. Or you can fill out the online application.
- Complete the application. You will choose up to four NC Pre-K sites where you would like your child to attend. Use the school locator tool or this map to find locations that work best for your family. The application cannot be processed until the application is complete and we have all supporting documents.
- Complete the application and mail it in or bring it to our our office. Our office is currently closed to the public. Families may mail in their complete application and copies of the supporting documents or use our drop box at Partnership for Children of Guilford County, 500 W. Friendly Ave., Suite #100, Greensboro, NC 27401(Our office is located at 500 W. Friendly Ave, Suite 100 Greensboro 27401.) Please note faxed or emailed applications cannot be accepted.