We will begin accepting applications for NC Pre-K for the 2020-2021 school year January 6th!
The NC Pre-K program is offered at participating Guilford County Schools, Head Start programs and licensed four and five-star private providers. There are 2,196 NC Pre-K slots open in Guilford County for the 2019-2020 school year. Priority is given to children who have not had prior preschool experience. NC Pre-K services are offered at no charge to eligible children.
Who is eligible?
Eligible children must be four-years-old on or before August 31, 2020.
One of the following must also be true:
- The child’s family meets the income eligibility (PDF) OR
- The child has limited English proficiency, an identified disability, a chronic health condition or a developmental or educational need OR
- The child has a parent who is active duty military
Take these steps to apply:
- Download the application. Click here for the Application Packet.
- Complete the application. You will choose up to four NC Pre-K sites where you would like your child to attend. Use the school locator tool or this map to find locations that work best for your family.
- Complete the application and mail it in or bring it to our our office. We’re here to help! Meeting with staff to look over your application is highly recommended. NC Pre-K Specialists are available to assist you on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9am to 4pm. Wednesdays and Fridays are drop-off days from 9am to 4pm. On drop-off days, please bring your child’s completed application and copies of all supporting documents. We are not able to make copies on Wednesdays and Fridays. Families may mail in their complete application and copies of the supporting documents to Partnership for Children of Guilford County, 500 W. Friendly Ave., Suite #100, Greensboro, NC 27401(Our office is located at 500 W. Friendly Ave, Suite 100 Greensboro 27401.) Please note faxed or emailed applications cannot be accepted.
You can still apply for the 2019-2020 school year with this application packet.