The NC Pre-K program is offered at participating Guilford County Schools, Head Start programs and licensed four and five-star private providers. There are 2,196 NC Pre-K slots open in Guilford County for the current school year. Priority is given to children who have not had prior preschool experience. NC Pre-K services are offered at no charge to eligible children. If you have other questions, please check out our FAQ.
Who is eligible?
Eligible children must be four-years-old on or before August 31, 2021.
One of the following must also be true:
- The child’s family meets the income eligibility (PDF) OR
- The child has limited English proficiency, an identified disability, a chronic health condition or a developmental or educational need OR
- The child has a parent who is active duty military
Take these steps to apply:
- Download the application. Click here for the Application Packet. Or you can fill out the online application.
- Complete the application. You will choose up to four NC Pre-K sites where you would like your child to attend. Use the school locator tool or this map to find locations that work best for your family. The application cannot be processed until the application is complete and we have all supporting documents.
- Complete the application and mail it in or bring it to our our office. Our office is currently closed to the public. Families may mail in their complete application and copies of the supporting documents or use our drop box at Partnership for Children of Guilford County, 500 W. Friendly Ave., Suite #100, Greensboro, NC 27401(Our office is located at 500 W. Friendly Ave, Suite 100 Greensboro 27401.) Please note faxed or emailed applications cannot be accepted.