Who We Fund
We use Smart Start dollars and private donations to drive positive outcomes for children and families in Guilford County. We choose programs based on the community’s unique needs and make sure each uses proven methods to get the highest possible return from every dollar invested. The result? Improved health for young children, stronger families, and higher-quality early childhood care and education programs in our area.
Funding Produces Big Results Through Every Dollar Invested.
Each activity goes through a rigorous process to make the most of every dollar invested. Organizations receiving funding complete an annual application process, follow evidence-based and evidence-informed guidelines, and submit quarterly reports to show progress toward annual goals. (See detailed information about the guidelines.)
Please take a look at the detailed results delivered by each Community Partner.
Our 2021-2022 Smart Start Funded Community Partners
- Adopt-A-Mom Program – Every Baby Guilford
- Bringing Out the Best – University of North Carolina at Greensboro Center for Youth, Families, and Community Partnership
- Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) – Guilford County Department of Health and Human Services
- Child Care Subsidy (Child Care Voucher Assistance) – Guilford County Department of Social Services
- Education, Quality Improvement, & Professional Development (EQuIPD) – University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Family Literacy/Language Development – Reading Connections
- Guiding Healthy Behaviors in Early Childhood – Guilford County Partnership for Children
- Guilford Family Connects – Guilford County Department of Health and Human Services
- Healthy Start – Family Service of the Piedmont
- Learning Together Family Literacy Program – Guilford Child Development
- NICU and CDSA Family Support – Family Support Network of Central Carolina
- Parents as Teachers Guilford County
- Parents as Teachers – YWCA High Point
- Reach Out and Read – Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine