More than 2,100 children in Guilford County are enrolled in high-quality NC Pre-K programs. The program is free to participants with the goal of helping young children prepare for kindergarten. NC Pre-K sites include public elementary schools, Head Start Centers, and private childcare centers throughout Guilford County.
NC Pre-K Program through GCPC is free to participants with the goal of helping young children prepare for kindergarten. Our partners are a key component to keep our classrooms thriving. Please find tools and information that may be useful.
Tools for Our NC Pre-K Program Partners
- NC Pre-K Site Monitoring Tool (PDF)
- NC Pre-K Guidance and Requirements (PDF)
- NC Pre-K Additional Guidance for NC Pre-K Programs (PDF)
- Health Assessment Form for Parents or Caregivers (PDF)
- Staff Information Initial Report and Staff Change Request (PDF)
- NC Pre-K Monthly Attendance Checklist (PDF)
- Provider Invoice (Fillable PDF)
- Student Withdrawal Form (Fillable PDF)
- Student Exception Form (Fillable PDF)
Kindergarten School Search
We are so excited to share the new Kindergarten School Search link located on the DCDEE website.
In accordance with Session Law 2021-117, DCDEE has created the Kindergarten School Search tool which allows for families to access the following information:− The educational opportunities for kindergarten offered by Public Schools − The educational opportunities for kindergarten offered by Charter Schools − The educational opportunities for kindergarten offered by Private Schools − Scholarship information for Private Schools
The information is searchable by school name/school type, as well as by county, city, and/or zip code and results may be printed or saved as needed. Upon request, a facility participating in the NC Pre-K program must provide families with a list of the educational opportunities located in the same county as the NC Pre-K facility, or, if specified, any other county.
If you have any questions, please email DCDEE here.
For information or assistance related to NC Pre-K, contact us.